electrobel
you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer in a too old version, please respect the developers and update your browser or use one of those decent browser.
download Mozilla Firefox download Google Chrome download Apple Safari download Opera

Loading data, please wait...

This will delete you message, are you sure ?
Sticky thread : On / Off
Lock thread : On / Off
This will delete this thread, are you sure ?

Forum : Producing Help : Studio Monitors Wich Are Good

Nightshade [be]
Profile Picture
Last track:
i have a motu828 mk2 soundcard,  the headphones are Sony Mdr7506 witch give a +- real sound, but not 100%  but my yamaha monitor speakers,  im not realy happy with them,  it doesnt give a real sound and it disforms my sounds,  what are good monitor speakers?  and not to expensive,  i would like to hear the opinion from someone who already made some album and uses his speakers to master his tracks...  produkt and price ?

liquidbass [be]
Profile Picture
Last track:
I heard lots of good things about KRK's. I thought about buying the RP6s, but I didnt do so yet.

For 133 Euros/piece you get the KRK RP5 RoKit G2 - 75W (bi-amped), 5" speaker, 30W LF, 15W HF,
frequency response: 53Hz-20kHz. RCA, XLR and 1/4" jack inputs.
Dimensions: 276 x 185 x 225 mm. Weight: 6,3 kg. 

Then for 185 Euros/piece you get KRK RP6
RoKit G2 Active Monitor – 100W (bi-amplified), 6” woofer, 1” tweeter,
frequency response: 49Hz-20kHz, magnetically shielded. Dimensions: 21.1
x 22.5 x 29cm (HxWxD). Weight: 11kg.

liquidbass [be]
Profile Picture
Last track:
by the way... I suggest a little browse to our forums... ;)

:: low budget active monitors :: www.electrobel.be/forum/4/6329,0,0

:: studio monitors not too expensive :: www.electrobel.be/forum/4/5346,0,0

:: Studio Monitors :: www.electrobel.be/forum/4/4877,0,0

Nightshade [be]
Profile Picture
Last track:
yeah, many choises, tx, but id like to hear it from someone who already made an album, wich one he uses?,  it may be more expensive then 120E the pair, but not thousands of euros either

bandarlog [be]
Profile Picture
Last track: Sofa so good
Quote:
Originally posted by : Nightshade and not to expensive,

vs.

Quote:
Originally posted by : Nightshade from someone who already made some album and uses his speakers to master his tracks... 

error... :d

I don't know anyobody who masters albums on cheapo monitors... ;)

If you want quality: genelec, dynaudio bm6 etc

All >1000€

Ask anyone who masters, they will say the same

Ndus3alFrequenC [be]
Profile Picture
Last track: Exploring the wave
I bought m-audio 250 watts RMS and i'm very happy with them... 

Grts, 

Letrange [be]
Profile Picture
Last track: Short Circuit
Hi,
I bought 1year ago KRK RP8 G2
And I'm really happy with them.I can only recomend them.
RP8 are really big and powerfull (140watts RMS) and are round 500euro for the pair.
I think that RP6 should be powerfull enough.
Of course I think you should test the monitors before buying allways better...

After it's all about you. To master correctly you must learn to know your monits, listen your music on different speakers, headphones,...
I personaly think that you deffenitly don't need pricy monits to get the right sound. Some big producer out there are working only with head phones (Mistabishi produce only with a pair of beyerdynamic headphones and he is signed on Hospital Records.), deadmau5 has a pair af krk vxt that cost less then 1000euro for the pair and work in a huge non acousticaly treated room, and many other guys are not working with the top gear and do some big music.

Of course if I had the money I would buy adam, genelec, or dynaudio and I would acousticaly treat my studio etc...

Nightshade [be]
Profile Picture
Last track:
thanks,  yes its always interesting to know what guys like deadmeau ect are using,  i found felix the housecats arsenal
 remixmag.com/artists/electronic/remix_next_episode/index1.html

HarryPoppins [be]
Profile Picture
Last track: ~ Smopkalitei ~
i'd go for the most expensif ones you could afford. but also important, if u live with people or have annoying neighbours, i wouldnt buy the biggest loudest meanest monitors in town, cuz you'd have to make your studio more or less soundproof (i mean it's not worth buying heavy shit, if u cant use them..)
And i think the choice of monitors is pretty personal too. you'd have to test them, and see/hear what pleases you the most. not just because this or that producer has used the same to make an album...
good luck!

Fractional [be]
Profile Picture
Last track: Thirsty
Hello,

i use Yamaha HS 80m. I made the mix myself but not the mastering.
Not only the monitors are important, but also the room where you work. You can buy very expensive monitors but if the room create distorsion (often in the low mid) you will have a bad mix...
This soft can correct errors create by the room : http://www.ikmultimedia.com/arc/features/

Akwalek [be]
Profile Picture
Last track: Automated Lifeform (mArtnr236)

thx for zhe ARC soft fractional...looks promising

Nightshade [be]
Profile Picture
Last track:
Quote:
Liquidbass
i heard lots of good things about KRK's

Quote:
Originally posted by : Letrange
I bought 1year ago KRK RP8 G2, and im realy happy with them

thanks guys, i bought the KRK RP8 G2
i ordered them from musicstore in germany, wich is 10 to 20% cheaper as here in belgium, sometimes even cheaper (a motu mk2 soundcard here about 650 euros and in germany 465, little difference) they deliver at home by ups in 2 or 3 days, and when someting is deffect they pick it up again, very good service... but on the pic the speakers look so small, when the 2 giant boxes arrived, i thought i ordered 2 pairs, but it was one / a box (usualy when u order monitors, its not sold by pair, so watch out when u order, that they dont deliver only one speaker, take 2 pieces, but read first :) ) almost didnt had the space to place em, they so big compared to my other ones,

they seem to be fine:

real sound, can go pretty loud, my 85 year old neighbour hasn't phoned me yet for the noize, so i think he like the sound also, and when i change settings on the compressor or other effects i can hear it on it, what i didnt had with my previous ones (yamaha) the tools in propellerhead were just meanless on those, those new speakers are just pefect, u were right, i haven't posted any songs yet builded with them, but its for soon,

keep up the good work people...

Letrange [be]
Profile Picture
Last track: Short Circuit
Cool!
I'm jaelous... haha

Quote:
Originally posted by : Nightshade

Quote:
Liquidbass
i heard lots of good things about KRK's

Quote:
Originally posted by : Letrange
I bought 1year ago KRK RP8 G2, and im realy happy with them

thanks guys, i bought the KRK RP8 G2
i ordered them from musicstore in germany, wich is 10 to 20% cheaper as here in belgium, sometimes even cheaper (a motu mk2 soundcard here about 650 euros and in germany 465, little difference) they deliver at home by ups in 2 or 3 days, and when someting is deffect they pick it up again, very good service... but on the pic the speakers look so small, when the 2 giant boxes arrived, i thought i ordered 2 pairs, but it was one / a box (usualy when u order monitors, its not sold by pair, so watch out when u order, that they dont deliver only one speaker, take 2 pieces, but read first :) ) almost didnt had the space to place em, they so big compared to my other ones,

they seem to be fine:

real sound, can go pretty loud, my 85 year old neighbour hasn't phoned me yet for the noize, so i think he like the sound also, and when i change settings on the compressor or other effects i can hear it on it, what i didnt had with my previous ones (yamaha) the tools in propellerhead were just meanless on those, those new speakers are just pefect, u were right, i haven't posted any songs yet builded with them, but its for soon,

keep up the good work people...

good for you! I have the krk rp6, and quite happy with them

too bad you bought them abroad: less service and only 1 year garantee, while real shops are forced to give you 2 year by law...

have fun!

Nightshade [be]
Profile Picture
Last track:

too bad you bought them abroad: less service and only 1 year garantee, while real shops are forced to give you 2 year by law...

have fun!

correction, 3 years garantee

awesome + !

ShiZen [be]
Profile Picture
Last track: Metaphysical
damn, i got the g1's, a month after i bough them the g2 came out at a cheaper price, and they're a lot better, lucky you...