electrobel
you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer in a too old version, please respect the developers and update your browser or use one of those decent browser.
download Mozilla Firefox download Google Chrome download Apple Safari download Opera

Loading data, please wait...

This will delete you message, are you sure ?
Sticky thread : On / Off
Lock thread : On / Off
This will delete this thread, are you sure ?

Forum : Producing Help : Live and BCF2000 question

READYdot [be]
Profile Picture
Last track: Idol Semen READYdot Remix
Well I tried everything! I want to MIDI-control the Play and Stop in Live with my bcf, but nothing apperently works, because Live interprets Play and Stop as the same, but I can't find out what kind of message is sent, like if it is CC or NRPN or MMC (which doesnt seem to work with live)... So if I configure the play button everything works fine but when i then try to configure the stop button it says that this parameter is allready occupied...???

dtr [be]
Profile Picture
Last track: (untitled)
are you trying to control start/stop with the same BCF button? don't think that will work.

generally, you can use either CC or midi note messages to toggle buttons in live. my experience is that for for example switching on/off an effect plug-in it works best by configuring my BCR button to transmit CC and set it to toggle. when pushing it it will alternate between value 0 and 127, switching the effect resp. off and on.

READYdot [be]
Profile Picture
Ah ok! But it even won't work with seperate keys, what should I do? Do you know where I can see the CC numbers of the different messages that Liv sends to the BCF?

dtr [be]
Profile Picture
Quote:
Originally posted by : READYdot

Ah ok! But it even won't work with seperate keys, what should I do? Do you know where I can see the CC numbers of the different messages that Liv sends to the BCF?
strange, should work with 2 keys. maybe the 2 buttons you want to use have the same midi CC# or note# assigned to them.

about seeing the CC#/note#, with live's midi mapping it's live copying the BCF's CC# and not the other way around. so if you set one button to CC#/note# 1 and the second to CC#/note# 2 on the BCF (check your manual for that) you should be able to map one to start and the other to stop.

READYdot [be]
Profile Picture
I don't know what I did wrong but now it works! THNX!!

dtr [be]
Profile Picture
you re welcome :]