electrobel
you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer in a too old version, please respect the developers and update your browser or use one of those decent browser.
download Mozilla Firefox download Google Chrome download Apple Safari download Opera

Loading data, please wait...

This will delete you message, are you sure ?
Sticky thread : On / Off
Lock thread : On / Off
This will delete this thread, are you sure ?

Forum : Producing Help : Evolution UC-33 or Behringer BCR 2000 ???

DrGonzo [be]
Profile Picture
Last track: drezden
hello...

so me and xfreyr we can't decide which one is better the Behringer BCR 2000 or the Evolution UC-33 ...

and as we are not very rich and can't afford the two of them nor buy something really expensive, we hope that someone could give some information on these two controllers...

so does anyone have one of them and what do you think?

thanx...

xfreyr [be]
Profile Picture
Last track: HopeLeSs
i think BCR2000 is better and i wont pay for a silly dsplay neader faiders witch you can program as a knob with D BCR2000 :D

ZARk [be]
Profile Picture
Last track:
i bought a bcr2000 ... all i can say is that the build quality is typical behringer .... just keep that in mind :)

but the price :o
+ it works perfectly with linux (don't know about the UC-33 though ... buy me one and i'll tell you :) )

midiotz [be]
Profile Picture
Last track: The way you make me feel
hi,
I have the beringer 2000 and I like him very much.
I had some problems in the beginning connecting it true USB, so I started of using midi which worked to.
To be able to use the midi connection you should first send a sysexdump to upload the new os in your bcr and then it's all right.
I had a problem with at a live, but never figured it out what the exact cause was. It kept on blocking so I lost the control over the knobs in the middle of a track. But afterwards that never happened again.
So it's a very good machine once you do the sysex dump with the new os.
I only use it on reason though, I never tested it on ableton uptill now.
Midi-ox is a good free programme to do sysex dumps and much more.
peace alectroid

DrGonzo [be]
Profile Picture
Quote:
Originally posted by : ZARk

all i can say is that the build quality is typical behringer .... just keep that in mind :)

what do you mean by that??? :)

midiotz [be]
Profile Picture
I've looked to the uc-33 and I think the quality isn't better then the quality of behringer.
A friend has the litle keyboard of evolution and the knobs don't seem better then the ones on the Behringer.
So it's just a question of price and if you need faders or not.
If you need faders you can always go for the bcf 2000.
With the behringer you have also more midi scannels, midi b/thru, out a and in, wich can come in handy.
The knob indicators are also a +, and the connections for the foot swich to.
a negative thing about the behringer is that the knobs are to close to eachother.
It's pretty difficult tweeking if you for example put reso and freq to two buttons next to eachother.

midiotz [be]
Profile Picture
Quote:
Originally posted by : DrGonzo

Quote:

all i can say is that the build quality is typical behringer .... just keep that in mind :)

what do you mean by that??? :)

It's not going to last a livetime I guess

firefrog [be]
Profile Picture
Last track: goggles
i have a bcr2000 and i'm very happy with it!
i use it in reason and in live, and in both program's it works fine.

but now that i use reason as slave of ableton, i have kinda problem: the bcr always choose reason as the first program that he controls. the problem with that is that the led-indicators of the knobs that aren't used in reason turn off, so it is a bit shitty when i want to control something in ableton with that knob. a second problem is that i can't use all the functions of my bcr when reason is slave of ableton; some knobs only respond in reason.
when i quit reason, the bcr is fully compatible again with ableton (so then i can controll with everything again).

u guys know a solution for my problem? how can i make the bcr fully compatible for 2 program's at the same time?

midiotz [be]
Profile Picture
Quote:
Originally posted by : firefrog

i have a bcr2000 and i'm very happy with it!
i use it in reason and in live, and in both program's it works fine.

but now that i use reason as slave of ableton, i have kinda problem: the bcr always choose reason as the first program that he controls. the problem with that is that the led-indicators of the knobs that aren't used in reason turn off, so it is a bit shitty when i want to control something in ableton with that knob. a second problem is that i can't use all the functions of my bcr when reason is slave of ableton; some knobs only respond in reason.
when i quit reason, the bcr is fully compatible again with ableton (so then i can controll with everything again).

u guys know a solution for my problem? how can i make the bcr fully compatible for 2 program's at the same time?

I don't think that's possible.
If you want to use it in ableton you should go to the preferences of reason and turn it of and vice versa.
Both at the same time will always give conflicts I guess, I didn't even know you are able to force him to do it.
I'lll try it tonight.

grs alectroid

cestqui [be]
Profile Picture
Last track: awake
Quote:

i bought a bcr2000 ... all i can say is that the build quality is typical behringer .... just keep that in mind :)

but the price :o
+ it works perfectly with linux (don't know about the UC-33 though ... buy me one and i'll tell you :) )

what you mean zark,is positif,its robust,no shishi lala;

i still prefere my bcr controllers then the ones on my m-audio pro 88;

for your info,evolution is now under m-audio;they bought the compagny;

for the simple reason of the led info,i prefere that one,also the knobqualety is better,more acurate;

only thing is,it wont work in sx like it does in reason;leds!!

in my case i have for sx my m-audio,for reason bcr,great for rewire;

and be fast,i heared behringer will raise their prices,just because its wurth it;and may be it looks better,cause now everybody has the wrong image about the compagny,low budget material;when it comes to speakers,i woulden't recomand them,but for a controller,its the best buy;

and if ya compare it to the toy that ya mensioned,the uc...price-qualety,bcr is the best choise;

sew me,if it turned out,not up to your expectations;

hope to be of some help,greeetz

kaoz [be]
Profile Picture
Last track: Morbidity (part2:Time4T)
anyone knowz the pricez 4 both???
(they don't mention it on website...)

midiotz [be]
Profile Picture
Quote:
Originally posted by : kaoz

I think I payed 130 euro for the behringer bcr at orbit
On piens the price is 200 euro for the bcr and the UC-33 is priced at 329.19 €.
Of course piens always gives a higher price on the site then they will give you in reality. That's to make you believe that you've done a good deal.

greets a

DrGonzo [be]
Profile Picture
Quote:
Originally posted by : kaoz

check out on www.playback.fr....the uc33e is at 169€ and the behringer at
139€...so there isn't really a price difference :)

kaoz [be]
Profile Picture
Last track: Morbidity (part2:Time4T)
Thanx...

well, those are nice pricez!!!
i've always wanted that white little Roland thingie which was around 250€ (few yearz ago)

more than 200€, i believe is too much and i never really liked the 'men in black' from Piens, but less than 150€ is very, very doable!