electrobel
you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer in a too old version, please respect the developers and update your browser or use one of those decent browser.
download Mozilla Firefox download Google Chrome download Apple Safari download Opera

Loading data, please wait...

This will delete you message, are you sure ?
Sticky thread : On / Off
Lock thread : On / Off
This will delete this thread, are you sure ?

Forum : Parties : Netlabel parties @ het Depot in Leuven

Akwalek [be]
Profile Picture
Last track: Automated Lifeform (mArtnr236)
hi all

We are organising in the future 5 netlabel parties in "het Depot" here in leuven with our vzw Movement of unexpected pleasures aka Netlabelism.
The idea is to present the public upcoming talent in the electronica-dance scene who all publish their music under creative commons, so no sabam artists, in a chill, cheap but classy and decorated envoirement.

So what better place i thought than belgiums biggest community around creative commons to find artists....

What we are looking for are 5 to 10 live acts (1 to 2 each time) and 10 to 20 dj acts (2 to 4 each time) who all bring creative commons licenced music and are willing to play about an hour live and an hour a half dj-set.
Genres are open but preferred to be no hip hop, jump, no breakcore,...no commercial shit but everything in between going from abstract to danceable. But still accesable for the "normal" public...

For the lives i already had a couple of names in mind like S-Cape, Stakha, Strekie, Meutn,....but everybody else who is willing.....i would be glad to hear from ya, let me know in what youre interested to play (dj or live) and ill listen to your shit and contact you.

the first party will be somewhere in february.
more info about dates, entrance, flyers, concept....will be posted here....
questions and suggestions, also here....

greets

Akwalau

mik [be]
Profile Picture
Last track: Wasteland for an errant soul
Nice initiative indeed!

I'd be very interested in playing live. Most of my tracks are under creative commons license. Drum 'n bass live act. Not sure if that would be acceptable.

Greets :)

Thought [be]
Profile Picture
Last track: Libar
Cool, ya can count on me! ;)
If i don't get sick like today at least :(

quioui [be]
Profile Picture
Last track:
i'd love to do this .

My style is from ambient over electronica to minimal , or with a keyword: osmose-alike . I would bring a live set with some guest musicians: a classic guitar player, a keyboardist/bass player, and a saxophonist. In that way, the whole thing would sound much more organic. Hope to hear from you, quioui

cheers

Jemenfish [be]
Profile Picture
Last track:
Now that's good promotion, Depot ain't exactly Belgium's smallest club :)

Akwalek [be]
Profile Picture
yeah mik, great, dnb is fine, aslong as you make something spaecial out of it (tripnbass?)....

meutn, great.....

quioui, verry nice indeed, especially with all the guest preformers...more than welcome;)

thx jemen, it is indeed, but we only have the lounge...so not the big hall....

mik [be]
Profile Picture
Last track: Wasteland for an errant soul
Quote:
Originally posted by : Akwalek

yeah mik, great, dnb is fine, aslong as you make something spaecial out of it (tripnbass?)....

Nothing really special in terms of musicality to be honest, no groundbreaking material, but I'm trying to be as flexible as I can for my next soon-to-be-ready live. As in, each track is resequenced on the fly, combining different channels, parts, mixed with accapellas and stuff, but still keeping the most important thing in dnb for me : making people dance! :)

Akwalek [be]
Profile Picture
is perfect, but dont expect a huge crowd....last year almost nobody showed up to come and see us...

Jemenfish [be]
Profile Picture
Last track:
Quote:
thx jemen, it is indeed, but we only have the upstairs lounge...so not the big hall....

Even the lounge is good I believe, and there shouldn't be sound problems, that place is used to a lot. Hopefully there will be events simultaneously downstairs with main acts

Akwalek [be]
Profile Picture
lets hope, it all depends on how many peops will show up....

Thought [be]
Profile Picture
So spread the word people!

gonna check out if we can't print posters for a cheap price at my school, was going to do that anyways ;)

quioui [be]
Profile Picture
Last track:
i attend class in leuven, so i can help spread flyers and stuff like that.

If you would have an idea when the show would be, could you pm me, so we can start rehearsals?

take care

Akwalek [be]
Profile Picture
great idea mates

on this moment i dont have data of the exact date, as soon as i have illmail them

Thought [be]
Profile Picture
yup i'm willing to make publicity in ghent and omstreken :))

bandarlog [be]
Profile Picture
Last track: Sofa so good
I'd like to play offcourse ;)

amorph [be]
Profile Picture
Last track:
yep ... why not ...

filmjolk [be]
Profile Picture
Last track: Elektronik Baltikum Nostalgia
we can spread the word in brussel!

and if you want to see a girl making click click on her laptop while listening to her sleepy music... i'm interested ;)

Akwalek [be]
Profile Picture
bandarlog, your welcome offcourse....but try to keep it as chill as you can...;)no goa....

amorph, nice, you know i really want to see you live for once, but i thought since our last contact you didnt liked me anymore...:D i assure you i will not cancel you this time...:D

and together or seperatly with ya love filmjolk, would be great for a sad electronics episode or something....

great great great

many thx all for reactions, ill tell the line ups, dates,...as soon as possible...

strekie [be]
Profile Picture
Last track: Quantum World
i'm in!

bandarlog [be]
Profile Picture
Last track: Sofa so good
Quote:
Originally posted by : Akwalek

bandarlog, your welcome offcourse....but try to keep it as chill as you can...;)no goa....

goa? What the hell is that? :))

No seriously, I don't even enjoy playing goa anymore! I almost, no... I definitely feel guilty about spending two whole days on producing a goa song last week 8(

So thanks! You'll get freshly chilled tunes with no 4/4 and at max 140bpm breaks on dubby basses ;)